- Published: Sunday, 24 November 2013 10:03
2014 Quiz Qualifying Rally
Date: March 29, 2014
Handout on Bio-security, Concussions, & Heat Illnesses -
Note: Not a rulebook, but competitors are expected to know this information and questions regarding it will be included.
- Junior D: D1/UR to D3, 12 and under as of 01/01/2014
- Senior D: D1/UR to D3, 13-21 years of age as of 01/01/2014
- Junior C/B: 14 years of age or less as of 01/01/2014
- Senior C/B: 15-21 years of age as of 01/01/2014
- B/H-A/A: teams of only 2 members 14-21 years of age as of 01/01/2014
NOTE: Quiz competitor MUST BE AT LEAST 10 YEARS OF AGE as of JANUARY 1, 2014 and rated D2 or higher to compete at the 2014 USPC Championships East and/or Championships MidWest. There will be no Intent to Qualify forms this year. Top competitors who meet age and rating criteria will be asked to respond if they would like to compete in the 2014 USPC Championships East and/or Championships MidWest in Quiz.
Armband with USPC Medical Card is required for competition. Barn safe boots are required for the Barn Phase of the competition. Remember to wear your Pony Club Pin!
For More Information, Contact Rally Organizers:
- Junior D: D2 and D3, 10-12 years of age
- Senior D: D2 and D3, 13-21 years of age
- Junior C/H-B/B : 10-14 years of age
- Senior C/H-B/B: 15-21 years of age
- B/H/H-HM/H-A/A: teams of only two members, 14-21 years of age
NOTE: Quiz competitors MUST BE AT LEAST 10 YEARS OF AGE before JANUARY 1 to compete in the USPC Championships of that year.
- It is the responsibility of the Regional Supervisor to correctly place the Pony Club members by age and HM rating and to abide by the Team Membership Regulations.
- All competitors must have qualified in a Qualifying Regional Quiz Rally within the 12 months preceding the Championships. In order to qualify for Championships, all competitors must have obtained their D-2 ratings prior to competing in their Regional Quiz Rally. Championship qualifiers who rate up between Regional Quiz Rally and Champion ships will compete at the level at which they qualified.
- Qualifiers do not have to qualify together as a team.
- Composition of Teams: Each Region may determine the criteria for qualification and selection of team members, i.e., all members of a first place team or the top 4 individuals, while still abiding by the age and HM rating regulations.
- No Region shall select its Championships team solely on the individual score of a single Phase.
- A Junior D who qualifies on a Senior D team has the option of competing on a Junior D team or a Senior D team.
- A Junior C who qualifies on a Senior C team has the option of competing on a Junior C team or a Senior C team.
- These decisions should be made in consultation with the Pony Club member, the DC, the RS, and the Quiz Committee as needed.