Horse requirements for national mounted ratings (C3, B and A)
- Published: Friday, 22 November 2013 20:44
- Horse must be able to demonstrate your skills at the level
- Horse must be suitable for switching – if your horse is not suitable you may not be able to participate in the switch horse portion of the test and would therefore not be able to Meet Standard in this part of the test.
- USPC policies apply: You may not bring a mount under five or a stallion to a test.
Soundness and fitness
- Have a second horse ready as a backup at all times in case your horse goes lame, ride this horse on a regular basis before the rating
- Your horse must be fit enough to compete at the level and duration of the rating.
- Make sure it is clean, safe, fits the horse, is suitable for the phase and meets any discipline specific guidelines.